Paying for subscriptions using PayPal®
The Dvořák Society has a PayPal® account. This should be of particular benefit to those residing outside the Sterling currency area who wish to pay for subscriptions, publications or goods.
What is PayPal®
PayPal® is a system that enables small traders, charities and individuals to make and accept payments electronically in a variety of currencies, by fund transfer or credit/debit card. Many people reading this notice will already be familiar with the system. For those who have not yet used it, the key points for the buyer are:
- you must have an e-mail address
- you do not need to open a PayPal account yourself, but you must have a credit or debit card if you do not have an account
- completion of all financial transactions takes place on PayPal’s secure web site.
For more detailed information about PayPal®, please click here.
Please also see the important security notes below.
How to make a payment to the Dvořák Society using PayPal® —
(1) for goods (including publications) –
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the items you wish to purchase and the quantities. Your preferred currency for the transaction should be specified in the e-mail. Paypal can accept payment in Pounds Sterling, Euros, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, US Dollars or Yen. Please do not forget to include your full postal address, including the postcode/zipcode and country.
- You will receive an automated e-mail acknowledgement from the Society within 24 hours. If you have not received an acknowledgement within 24 hours, please contact email@example.com.
- If the Dvořák Society can supply the requested goods, or we can accept the membership application, you will receive an e-mail from PayPal® containing a request for payment of the relevant sum. If you wish to proceed, you should click the link in the e-mail. You will then be transferred to the PayPal® secure web site where you will be asked to complete the transaction.
- However, if the Dvořák Society cannot supply some or all of the requested goods, or there is some other problem, our Sales manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) will send you an e-mail.
(2) for membership subscriptions –
- If you wish to join the Dvořák Society, please specify on your application form that you wish to pay your subscription by PayPal®. Paypal can accept payment in Pounds Sterling, Euros, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, US Dollars or Yen. Post the form to the Membership Secretary. VERY IMPORTANT: please also include your e-mail address on the form.
- If your application contains all the necessary details, you will receive an e-mail from PayPal® containing a request for payment of the relevant sum. If you wish to proceed, you should click the link in the e-mail. You will then be transferred to the PayPal® secure web site where you will be asked to complete the transaction.
- However, if the Dvořák Society needs to clarify any aspect of your application, our Membership Secretary (email@example.com) will send you an e-mail about the problem.
Please note the following —
- No e-mail from the Dvořák Society will ever ask you for your PayPal or credit/debit account details. In the unlikely event that you receive such a message purporting to be from us, DO NOT GIVE any such information. And we will never ask for such information by telephone.
- The PayPal® secure web site page address for completing transactions begins with the letters “https://”. If the “s” is missing, you are not on the genuine PayPal® secure site.
Dvořák Society policy
At present, the Dvořák Society does not charge a fee for payment by this method or restrict its use to those residing outside the Sterling currency area. However, we must reserve the right to review the situation in the light of changing circumstances. www.dvorak-society.org