To join the Dvorak Society:
- Read this page on membership information
- Print and complete the Membership application form
(please contact the Webmaster, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any problem displaying or printing the application form)
- Print and complete the Gift Aid Form if appropriate
- Print and complete the Banker’s Order if appropriate
- Send with your remittance to the Membership secretary
- For those paying by PayPal® → MORE DETAILS
Annual UK Subscription
- Couples and Joint Membership - £25.00
- Individual Membership - £21.00
- * Concessionary Rate (Individuals) - £15.00
- * Concessionary Rate (Couples) - £18.00
- Corporate (Profit-making organisation) - £50
- Corporate (Non-profit-making) - £25.00
NEW MEMBERS ONLY special introductory rates from 1st January to 1st October:- 75% of the above: (1) £18.75; (2) £15.75; (3) £11.25; (4) £13.50.After 1st October the full rate applies but it also covers the following year.
Pay the introductory rate by cash, cheque or PayPal®. Then, if you complete a banker’s order, make it payable at the full rate as from 1st January the following year.
IF OUTSIDE THE UK there is a postal supplement—£3 for Europe, £6 outside Europe. If any member outside Europe wishes to receive all mail by airmail, please add £16. Yearbooks and the Society journal Czech Music will be sent by surface mail. Newsletters will go surface mail to Europe and airmail to the rest of the world. Any other mailings will be sent airmail to all destinations.
* Concessionary rates: students, pensioners, unwaged and adopted members.
We offer special arrangements for corporate bodies and similar organisations. Please ask the Corporate Membership secretary for details
SUBSCRIPTIONS are due on 1st January each year and payment should be in GB£ by sterling transfer, cash or cheque drawn on a British bank—not Euros or Eurocheques, which banks still treat as foreign currency. Banker’s Orders, Charities Aid Foundation Vouchers and Giro cheques are acceptable. There is also the PayPal® option.
If it is not possible to pay in GB£ and you have to pay in another currency please add the equivalent of GB£6.00 to cover currency conversion costs. These are avoided by using PayPal®.
OVERSEAS PAYMENTS. The easiest method is by PayPal®. There is also the possibility of direct Money Transfer from your bank account to the Society’s bank account (our account details will be added to your application form by the Membership Secretary email@example.com).
UK PAYMENTS It is a great help if subscriptions are paid by Banker’s Order, and all UK subscribers who are UK taxpayers are asked to complete the Gift Aid Form.
Members may pay up to five year’s subscriptions in advance at full current rates. This may help some Overseas Members as they will only incur one currency conversion charge, and it will provide against increases in subscriptions in the five-year period.
Your payments for subscriptions and other Society services, such as Music News from Prague, can be combined in one for your convenience.
Why Gift Aid?
If you pay by Gift Aid, it makes your donation worth far more and cost you nothing extra. Your tax position is unaffected.
Please Note—if you do not pay Income Tax in the U.K., then you can not use Gift Aid.
Please note that the Gift Aid Form by itself is not authority for payment. This has to be separately arranged by Banker’s Order.
Why Banker’s Order?
- It guarantees the Society will receive payments at the time and of the size you stipulate
- It ensures a regular income to the Society
- It makes the administration of the Society far easier and saves much time and expense
- It saves you time and provides you with proof of payment
- Amounts of payment can not and will not be changed without YOUR consent
- Have you completed all the relevant sections of the application form?
- Have you enclosed your payment or completed a Banker’s Order?
- If your address is outside the UK, have you added the appropriate amount for surface or air mail?
- If you are NOT paying in G.B. Pounds Sterling, have you added the equivalent of £6 to cover currency conversion? This does not apply to those using the PayPal® option.
After you have joined
On receipt of your application form and payment, you will be sent a “New Member’s Pack” containing your membership card, and lots of other information, including current publications, back numbers of newsletters, the latest Czech Music, the Society’s Year-book, and various other items and literature
As a member, your view, opinions, ideas and contributions to events or publications will be more than welcome. We pride ourselves in generating an atmosphere in which all participating people and organisations are not just members but friends.
No one should feel left out of the Society. It has always been centred around its publications, Czech Music, and the Newsletter, with the chance to join in at special events and Society concerts as a bonus.
Events, other than the fixed annual ones, are mounted as the opportunity presents itself. Once again, the initiatives of members are gratefully accepted when appropriate. Please contact a Committee member with any suggestions, ideas or questions.